Ever since I was a kid I've had it in my mind to be a writer... but then I decided somehow that being a writer would be boring.
And I've NEVER wanted to major in English. Ever. Method kills creativity.
I'm one of those people who constantly breaks the rules of the English language, and have a reason for the breach. That doesn't survive well in a classroom.
But I've always been a writer. As a teen I had my own newsletter I created, printed, and mailed out. (It wasn't until I hit college age that I really started to think about all the things I couldn't do because of my age and inexperience... what a horrid realization.)
When I write I feel as though I have the ablity to connect my "soul" to words and share them with others. Is that weird?
I don't write well on the computer, either. All my good writing usually comes out on paper and then is transfered to digital form. I think that's weird.
And I feel confident in much of my writings. Even when people don't like them I find myself saying, "That's kay, I like it." Which, in terms of making money may not be the best thing, but in terms of the wonder of being comfortable in your own skin, is soooo good, especially for me.
All this to say I'm going to be sending out some of my shorter works to see if anything will come of them being published. I'm actually pretty excited about this!
In the words of pretty much everyone I interact with on a regular basis,
"Peace,"
Asher
ps- there must be something entirely unnatural about staying up until 4am, because despite the fact that I got nearly 8hrs of sleep I still feel completely wiped out! yuck!
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
Just thought you should know that I miss you lots...and I love your writing ;-) love you!
Post a Comment