Saturday, August 9

If you're an athlete, you probably know the burning muscle feeling. My calves. Oh. My. Goodness.

It's been an intense week; short on sleep, heavy on chaos, full of wonder.

I worked just under 30 hours in three days. I'm not at all complaining, it's simply a lot to handle and then you add moving (for the third time in 2.5 months, mind you) and all the packing and unpacking and emotional whoa to it... and yep... you become tired.

Thursday was a ridiculously loooong and slow day @ work. Tips were great.

Friday was looooong and VERY busy. We would get really busy... and then die off... and then get really busy and die off... but during the times we slowed down I was restocking and cleaning and prepping food. We ran out of everything all at once, so I was creating new recipes to cope with our lacking of this or that... ahhh... I baked chicken, made chili, baked white chocolate raspberry scones, sliced 8 MILLION pounds of meat, chopped walnuts and apples and and and.... I basically didn't stop all day. My feet hurt so bad last night I could barely put socks on. And tips were HORRIBLE.

Today was like the perfect mix. We were steady all day. A nice, even pace. You could flow with what was going on and clean as you went. Annd then it happened. I was getting a customer a glass of lemonade and something happened. The machine started spewing forth amazing amounts of water. Amanda and I were really, really confused. For a while we played the "make it stop" game. We quickly realized this was a game that we were never going to win. Then we played the "reroute it so it goes into these containers and doesn't continue to make a colossal mess. We won. It was great. And the Pepsi-Cola man who came to me rescue? He's my hero. :-) Tips were good.

Boring post? Yeep. Apparently 7:30pm isn't my most creative time of day. ;-)

0 comments: