You know... I had actually thought about using the enter/space bar... but it seemed almost redundant!
I think, honestly, that if the world were to all take a moment of silence at the same time we would realize that what we think silence is, isn't silent at all. Honestly.
More and more recently I'm finding great comfort in just siting alone in silence. It's almost soothing, I think. Although, I still have to fight off the thoughts that say things like, "hey, umm.. this is a waste of time!" "Ummm... shouldn't you be DOING something??" I keep telling them to shut up and enjoy the break from the rat race of security and performance. Sometimes it actually works!
Oh Asher this is so true. Sometimes the most honest moments I have are when I am silent with myself...there is honesty. Sitting in silence with others is difficult for me b/c it is just so vulnerable. It's hard.
3 comments:
Or you could just push the space bar 10,000 times. Then it would be like 10,000 times of silence.
But seriously, I could not agree more. In our culture silence is too often taken for granted and overrun.
What would it look like if the whole world had a daily moment of silence? Stop everything and just be...
You know... I had actually thought about using the enter/space bar... but it seemed almost redundant!
I think, honestly, that if the world were to all take a moment of silence at the same time we would realize that what we think silence is, isn't silent at all. Honestly.
More and more recently I'm finding great comfort in just siting alone in silence. It's almost soothing, I think. Although, I still have to fight off the thoughts that say things like, "hey, umm.. this is a waste of time!" "Ummm... shouldn't you be DOING something??" I keep telling them to shut up and enjoy the break from the rat race of security and performance. Sometimes it actually works!
Oh Asher this is so true. Sometimes the most honest moments I have are when I am silent with myself...there is honesty. Sitting in silence with others is difficult for me b/c it is just so vulnerable. It's hard.
Post a Comment