Monday, July 17

Job Update!

Good afternoon, friends!

Well, it's a sweltering 91 degrees, INSIDE my home!

God has been teaching me so much lately... I really am beginning to believe that as much as people praise Him for the happiness & giggles, we should be praising him for the sorrows & tears. Now, I know "should" can be and often is used to shame another, but I merely mean should to reflect a destination somewhere down the road of this journey we find ourselves on.

Still awaiting news on when my flight leaves. From what I was told earlier today, the person who would book my flight for Boylston Home is on vacation this week... whooppss... because of that there is a very good chance that I will be going out to New Hampshire next week instead of this Wednesday. Which, I'll be honest, has me slightly bummed, but hey, adapt, improvise, and overcome... and move on!

That said, I'm going to need a ride to the airport; any takers?

Oh yes: myself and a youth pastor from Texas have been emailing. I had originally sought to be a jr. youth pastor with her church. She was emailing to tell me that the search commitee was hoping to find a MALE, but that I was at the top of the list for a woman, should they decide to go that route. And, she added, one of the woman youth pastor might be stepping down soon... soon? I wonder what soon means? I should ask. Hopefully it's either 3 weeks or 1 year... She likes me and my nickname... and, I gotta be honest, I'm a fan of her, as well. Love her personality!

And a point of clarification:

By "my dream job" I mean, like, tier 1 dream job. I have very very large dreams. Boylston is a stepping stone, as I see it now. In a year or two I hope to be moiving on to my next tier dream job! (which is yet to be defined)

Now, enjoy a couple pictures:






















Upper:
Andie & I. Andie is 15 and has declared me to be her big sister. This to which I happily oblige.

Lower:
Amanda & I. Amanda is my "kindered" spirit from a few years ago. She is Andie's "real" big sister.

-Asher

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part of Texas?