Wednesday, July 12

powerful things come in...

Small packages...

Well, see... I had this very cool post all done up and then it erased and I was flustered... so now Im going to write about something different...

My last visit to Traverse City was pretty intensive. As always, I spent some time at Jacob's Well, my second favorite place in TC. THe goal of the Well is not to be a Christian hang out, but rather a place where people from all "walks" can come, hang out, have some fun, and be heard and cared about. The ministry is all in relationship... and I love it. Anyway, as you might gather, the Well can attract some interesting characters. One night during my last visit there one of these characters reaches over and gives me a "side hug." Perfectly acceptable in my book. Then, he swings me around so I'm facing him and tries to get more than I'm willing to give, if you know what I mean...

So needless to say, I whipped out my kung fu skills... and though a bit rusty (he being on some kind of drug helped compensate for my lack of "sharpness") he was sufficiently "pinned" (he looked more like a pretzle, I'll be honest) in a matter of seconds. This guy was well over 6 feet tall... and he got his butt kicked by a 5' 1" girl with a gimp... yeah, there was lots of laughter going on... and he didn't try anything after that. No worries, the only thing that was injured was his ego. But hey, ya gotta admit, it's a pretty fun story...

0 comments: