Tuesday, July 4

Teaching & Creativity

I knew I'd eventually get to this... but basically, I went to a Seminar thingy where they taught on creativity in the most uncreative of ways. It seems we have not understood that teaching by example is the most effective way to teach.... but then again, I suppose they are an older generation than mine that needs the formulas & concrete examples to transfer over... however, I believe it vital to the effectiveness of teaching that the teachers be able to teach principles & general ideas rather than give examples to be copied. Unfortunately, it's been a very long while since I intended on writing on this and I've lost alot of my clarity on it (because I failed to process it quickly enough).

Anyhow, anyone else notice how teaching is largely communicative (words) rather than integrative (actions)? Does that question even make sense to anyone else other than me?

previous post update: hope is never lost. my friend and I will be talking the situation through shortly.

Thank you to those that prayed with & for me, and those that challenged me to remember that a good friend lost is a grave tragedy & should never happen absent of death. Love ya & really, thanks so much!!! more pics!!


This is Ben. I adore Ben.
We were both at the Well and I got a pic!

This is Amanda & her brother Dave when we were at Mongolian BBQ


I was trying to force my girl Elysia to take a tortilla with goofy voices & faces...
it didn't work... :(

Mmm... root beer...
(I should market for root beer, let's just be honest here)

awww....
Joy & Dave...
(they got married yesterday!! woot!!!)

-Asher

0 comments: