Sunday, July 23

*title undiscovered*

Forward
Fine all you slackers! Don't comment! Gosh!

Just kidding. But really, I'd love it if some of you would interact. Anyone can comment (you don't have to register) and try not to worry about being "right," I spend much of my time arguing with my own conclusions, trying to disprove myself, so it's a "safe place" here.
(if anyone's mean to you I'll kung fu their butt *wink*)

The real post
('cause obviously, the other stuff was fake)

I went to Mars tonight! Yep, went all the way to Mars and went to church. Seeing as Mars is only about 10 miles way, the trip was great, I got there early and journeled. I wrote down the first thing that came to mind:

God, where is your guidance?
I long to see your mysterious fingerprints
marking every inch of creation

And then I wrote some other stuff, but this suffices for my purposes tonight.

The first song was not as the band had planned. They told us that they felt led to begin with a different song, which became our opening prayer:

Open the eyes of my heart Lord,
Open the eyes of my heart,
I want to see you, I want to see you.

Repeated a few times. I was blown away. It may have just been a coincidence, but it was a very reassuring one. We also sang my favorite Hymn, Be Thou My Vision, which was extremely powerful for me. A good reminder for me as I meander a bit aimlessly through my current season of life.

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul's Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory
won, May I reach Heaven's joys, O bright Heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

I know this post is just a bunch of words... but I just can't seem to get out what I was hoping to.

I need your prayers, my friends, I lack the wisdom to make some decisions and am kinda running low on mentors right now. Thank you for your prayers, really. If I can lift you up in anyway, please don't hesitate to let me know!

-Asher

0 comments: