Thursday, August 31

What's love got to do with it?

2 days ago I set forth to learn how to drive "the beast," a 15-passanger van whose size is the true cause of Goliath's fall; he fainted in shock and fear... no, really. Apparently, I manuever the over-sized hunk of metal with expert skill... who would've thought?

I also put a ban on love, Tuesday. Yes, you read correctly. We have an epidemic in our home: the girls are consistantly telling each other and the staff that they "love" them. Not two seconds later they will do some of the most atrochish things to one another. It's like someone re-programmed the word love to really mean hate. So the younger girls (8-14) are no longer allowed to use the word "love," and the ban continues until they not only can give me a functional definition, but also their actions line up with what love really is.

Now, I obviosuly have different expectations for the 8 year old than I do the young teens, and I know that they aren't going to get it perfect ever, but seriously, folks, something's gotta give here soon. And besides, we all know they haven't been shown love up until now, anyhow, so them exploring what love is while staff seeks to consistantly show them, is a much better plan then uttering a word they have no meaning for.

They're mad at me for it, and I find it kinda cute.

Anyway, I must shower and make breakfast for the troops. Thanks for your prayers!

-Asher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i was wondering what your definition of unconditional love is? because it seems from your post that you are not showing it to these children who truly need God's love...

Asher said...

dear anonymous...

I did not act hastly or in anger. the children were told that they could ask questions and get whatever help they needed. they are being walked through this, no doubt. in what way have I not shown them love? is it not love to lead them in discovery of truth?