Friday, August 18

*yawn*

I hid in my room most of today, coming out to eat and that's about it. Depressed? Nope. Just appreciating the time I have to myself before working Sat-Tues (I'm 98% sure Dave told me my day off is Wednesday, but nothing's concrete). And also, I went completely Perini today, without even realizing it. (until after)

I watched the news, making note of all the trends I see. What they tend to focus on and what gets left out. I thought about each of the girls in light of Interpersonal Relationships class, as well as Pastoral Counseling of Youth class... using sociograms & thoughts, feelings, behaviors to better get a handle on things. Yeah, call me the poster child for Don Perini, I'll own that (though I can think of several that better exemplify a poster child for DP).

The ease that these things occurred with really made me respect and appreciate the education I received at CU in the Youth Min program. I've been told that the program isn't hard... well, it is true, you could coast and do fine. But if you know Don, you know he isn't about the grade, and it's definitely a "you get what you give" situation, as with many things. Today is good evidence that Don Perini is educating the next generation of professional Youth Workers. But it's not just Don, and I hope people see that. Dr. B, The Professors Beach and Toran Scott and a few others have done an outstanding job...

I miss college :(

Oh yeah! I definitely have wireless internet in my room. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it's a blessing, since the computers here at the home wont access my email.

-Asher

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I miss you already... :(

I will most likely be hanging out with my pastor's wife (from Camp Lake) once a month (ish) so that I can be challenged and encouraged...I can talk to you later once you are settled... :-)