Wednesday, August 23

Cherries, Cherries, Cherries

My coworkers have quite the sense of humor and their playful banter has launched a house-wide joke.

You see, my hometown is the Cherry Capitol of the World and well, that was discovered by one of the staff who is die-hard New England and jokes ensued. I am slow to get offended and quick to laugh, especially in regards to these things.... so I laugh.... and I laugh lot. Some of the girls were around when this was happening and they've been happy to jump aboard.

In an attempt to retaliate, I wore my cherry bowl t-shirt yesterday, which kept the bickering (and laughter) in full swing. Yesterday the girls went bowling and then out fora ice cream. They said they wanted to bring me back ice cream (one staff has to remain behind at all times) and I obliged... free ice cream? Most definitely!!

Anyway, the girls return and a couple of them appear next to me with great big smiles. "Miss Asher," they say with a tone that tells me they've been up to something, "we've got something for you!" "Oh yeah?" I inquired. "Yeah! Cherry vanilla ice cream!" they say, excitedly. I laughed. and laughed. and then, throughout the day, the joking continued.

I've threatened them, telling them there will come a day where I make breakfast, lunch, and dinner with lots of cherries... and they're excited. So, I've breakfast and lunch planned, and still trying to figure out dinner.

Breakfast
Cherry Crepes

Lunch
Cherry-chicken salad sandwhiches

Dinner
???

Oh yes, I cooked tatertot casserole for dinner last night and it was a hit.

-Asher

0 comments: