If there's one thing all my friends know, it's that I'm definitely directionally challenged. Meaning that I can't get anywhere new without first going the wrong way, turning around, and then going the right way. Yeah, it get's pretty bad...
If you're a faithful reader you'll remember a few weeks back when it took me 45 minutes to take a 10 minute drive to my church. Well, dear friends, that's nothing compared to what I did today.
15 minutes is all the time it should have taken me. Just 15 60-second increments. So imagine this drive taking me roughly an hour and a half. Now, before you laugh too hard, it wasn't to the church and in my defense, it wasn't my fault this time, either. But regardless of whose fault it is, it literally took me six times the normal length of time to get where I needed to go.
Thankfully I have good friends here in New Hampshire that simply laugh away my antics and extent an abundance of grace my way. In fact, my friend Mel just called me and left a message wondering if I had made it to South Dakota yet. While I've been home for about an hour, I called her back, leaving her a message that I had just passed signs for Boston, MA and was wondering if I'd gotten on the wrong highway to go home.... hehehe... *evil grin here*
If there's one thing I've learned throughout my many adventures. road and otherwise, it's that it is far greater a tragedy to stress out about getting or being lost than it is to simply turn around and go the right way. How much time, effort, and energy would I waste if stressed out and beat myself up over my mistake or "failure."? Yeah, I know, all of you who know me are laughing.
Isn't this the girl who was upset because she got a 97% instead of a 100% on her IDS200 final? Or worked for a solid month on her small group program for Perini and still doesn't think it's good enough? Yeah, that's me alright. But I've changed. I've grown. And I'm understanding that, accdording to the world, report cards, and cynical Christians who've failed to understand the message of Christ Jesus, I will never be good enough.
But in the kingdom of God there an over abundance of the world's failures, who, by simple devotion to God evidenced in their foolish obedience to His call, were qualifed by faith that few others recognized and even fewer understood.
I don't know why God asked me to go out to New Hampshire. Perhaps it was to learn how exactly NOT to run my ministry. Or maybe it was for the people I've met. Or maybe for me to realize that I don't need to be with the people I've been with for the past 4.5 years. Maybe it was just to prove to me that I could do it. Maybe the girls I ministered to only needed me for four weeks. Maybe it was a simple test of obediende. This, by no stretch of the imagination was a waste of time or resources.
I'm just gonna let it roll, let it happen, in trust in the unexplainable mysteries of our infinite, loving Father, who knows all things and works all things together for the good of all who love Him and do His will.
I'm headed home. My earthly father is coming to get me on Friday and we will journey to our new home together. From there I will learn from my hometown pastor once again, and pray for my girls at the Boylston Home and for my own healing and wisdom for the next turn along this journey.
-Asher.
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment