Wednesday, September 19

why i have the best girl friends in the world...

Megan, Elysia, and Heather and three of my best buddies ever.  At the risk of embarrassing them, especially elysia, here's why:


Megan and I... well, we just get each other.  I love our honest, real conversations.  And the mutual "pushing" and unconditional love.  And she's really just amazing.  

Elysia and I... well, here's an example from this AM:

(we're on the phone, both of us had just gotten up)
me: so I spent like 50 dollars on myself yesterday trying to do some therapy shopping.  I kinda feel bad about it. (it was totally impulse, out of budget and unnecessary.  rather than telling me that I did, in fact, make a bad decision, she says...)
elysia: it's okay!  you could just say it's your birthday present to yourself.
me:I already bought my present to myself.
e: just add to it then.
... a few minutes later...
e: paul left me a treat.  a bag of oreos.  I meant to eat breakfast first.  but I'm eating oreos... I told myself just one... but...
me: it's okay, you're pregnant.  eat up!  
(we're just all about encouraging and validating one another... it's amazing... I love you, Elysia.)

(heather and I, just a few minutes ago)
heather: I should be fine!  that's the whole reason I have six holes in my stomach.  I mean five.  so if it makes me sick I've got bigger problems
... separate comments about different things...
me: well, we could always take a wheel chair in my car just incase you get tuckered out...
...
me: I am taking a break.  that's what GR is about.  I'm gonna make everyone carry me while Im there.
h: we could share the wheel chair!
me: yeah... I could sit on your lab... maybe you should sit on my lap... Im pretty sure Id hurt your surgery if I sat on yours.  We could make Jim push us.
h: there you go.
me: well, that could be scary.
h: true.  we'd probably both end up back in the hospital.  (sorry, Jim!)
...
h: you're up a level by getting things thrown at you.  it's a good thing!

(this probably doesn't seem funny to you, but the convos are truly hysterical in person.  and this post is more about remembering, anyhow)

0 comments: