Having lived the the that I have lived it can be easy to be down on myself. Just like everyone else, I have good days and bad. Days I like myself and days I simply don't. And while I know it's taboo, especially in Christian circles to admit that, especially because my passion involves full time youth ministry and I'd really like to get a job one of these days, it's the truth. I have days where I have to pull out my Perinite "I am" card and remind myself of where I stand and who I am.
Having come from where I've come from, I've come far. And I've learned how to encourage myself, celebrating when I recognize growth, even if no one else sees it or delights in it.
Today I looked in the mirror as I was running out the door. I had to stop. I saw something amazing starring back at me. I saw strength. Beauty. Success. Purpose. Love. Life. And it was me gazing back. I smiled and thought, wow, Asher. You sure have come along way, haven't you?
I am proud of myself tonight. I am proud that I didn't give up, that I always persevered, that I asked for help, and faced the darkness.
I am thankful for the experiences, enjoyable and painful, good and bad, that have shaped me. I am thankful for the amazing people who have guided, loved, pushed, poked, respected, and listened. I am thankful for the strength God gave me in community and that I wasn't created (and didn't have) to go it alone.
I am good enough.
Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment