Saturday, July 5

Alive

What I had originally wanted to post today was something called "quiet encounters." It's something that has been growing within me for a few days. I'll get there soon, but something much more monumental happened today: I lived.

Just before 4:30pm EST I was involved in an accident that likely totaled Sadie (my car).

While this is sad and frustrating, the truth remains that I could have (and maybe "should have") been seriously injured; the car that hit me was going at least 50 mph entering the intersection.

And yet I walked away unharmed; not even a scrape. Praise Jesus!

There are parts of Sadie that are missing permanently. What I mean is: I could not find them. My best guess? They disintegrated.

I have no idea how I survived, unharmed. I am praising God for my safety and life, though.

I also have no idea how everything is going to work out. I'm still job hunting and not sure how that's going to work out without a car. I also don't have the money for all this. All I can do is trust that things will work out somehow, just like they always have.

In the words of someone much greater than myself, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

I love you,

Asher

0 comments: