So it's early.
And we're moving today.
Which is why early are I are presently acquainted.
I'm not actually moving my things.
I'm heading to work at 7:15am and there will I be until 5:30pm-ish.
Rachel will be moving my things.
And I've discovered that me not moving my things is a challenge for me.
So I got up early to see my things off with Rachel (wha? yeah, I'm not joking)
And found out that the plans had changed... and I won't be seeing anything but the moon off by being up this early.
It simply doesn't pay to be a control freak. :-p
Ohh... I have a litany of amusing little "shorts" to share....
1) Don says that some people get ideas in the shower. I'm sure this isn't what he had in mind, but while I was showering the rod randomly, and with specific aim at my life, fell. This whole incident spawned a short story about a fugitive shower rod stowing away in bathrooms of innocent citizens in order to evade the law (in the story the shower rod has a personality and moves similarly to a veggietale). You know you're jealous of my creative poweress... actually, I often embarrass myself by sharing the silly little animations running wildly through my brain.
2) About a day after I escaped the killer shower rod, I ran out of toothpaste. Deat's sister has this amazing stock of supplies and gave me a tube! Woot! One of the boxes was orange and promised amazing whitening results. Well, all the benefits in the world could not sway me to willingly and knowingly experience the taste I encountered. It was like a cough drop had mated with vapor rub and what resulted was this atrocity to the taste buds wrapped deceivingly in a pretty orange package.
The events that ensued were comical to say the least.
At first taste I winced. Then, a few moments later, my face contorted. This wasn't just bad... this was horrible. Before I had a chance to spit it out, Rachel's sister (who is standing right there and heard my weary comments on the smell of the toothpaste) kinda chuckles. The only response I could muster was a foamy-mouth, "iih asces ike aaper uhb!" Which, of course, was followed by laughter on her part. Aaaand if you know me, you know that if someone's laughing that I will also begin laughing. So here I am, mouth full of foamy vapor rub and cough drop off spring, laughing and trying not to swallow the nastiness. After I spit it out we decided that we could pawn off the toothpaste on to some unsuspecting soul, like her husband, and I could have a different, more normal tasting, tube.
Moral of the story? Vapor rub and cough drops don't have tasty offspring.
3) Moments after I woke this morning I'm sitting here, ready to breathe and be and I look over and one of their cocker spaniels is PEEING on the floor. And what goes through my head but, SEEWEEOUSWEY?? (that is, in fact, a made up word that deats and I started using a few weeks back. I'm not sure why, but whatever.). "BAILEY!!" I softly scolded in a whiney whisper. He, along with the other dog, were let outside and then I hear Beauty (the other dog) start barking incessantly. oi vej!
Well, I guess this didn't really qualify as a litany. It was neither long or boring. But the word litany is so much cooler than the word "list."
Alright, it's onward. I think I'm going to actually say goodbye to the moon and watch the sunrise.
...Since I'm up...
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
ohhhhhh funny stuff.
:)
Post a Comment