Saturday, November 29

Enough is Enough??

There are some things that just come standard when you have a limp. Weak balance and the occassional tumble are just a couple of those things. And the falling hasn't really been an issue for a while (say, since high school). Sure, I still fall, but it's usually caused by something; an obstacle in the way, me carrying a 50lb backpack, ice & snow. It's not something that just happens anymore. Until the past few days, anyway. Losing my balance, tripping over air, falling down stairs. It's quite annoying.

Well, back... way back... in like... oh... 1993 (f0r real!), I first started Kung Fu (San Soo). And, if I remember correctly (and, let's be honest, I do), the black belts use to hold me up by my sash. I was pretty much incapable of standing on my own. Under the watchful eyes of several who felt like drill sergeants, I eventually attained the ability to stand on my own. (as well as cause serious harm to would-be-creepy-men) It was pretty sweet.

It's been... since high school... that I've received training, but I remember enough of the basics to make a decent workout possible. So, in light of my recent rash of bad falls, I've decided to return to the basics to see if it helps.

Oh, how my calves burn...

:-)

0 comments: