Monday, November 10

Sleep

You know, for as bitter and anxious as I am towards winter, I was strangely excited by the presence of snow outside when I woke up this morning. There's always something exciting about the changing of seasons; change is a sign of progression; things will not always be as they are now. There is tremendous hope wrapped in a statement such as that (even when entering a 5-month existence without sun and green grass). Well, I suppose that's a topic for another day.

For the past couple months sleep has proved itself elusive on good nights and entirely absent on the worst nights. Especially in light of my recent change of employment, it seems sleep and I are not on the greatest of terms.

No matter how tired I am physically or mentally, when I put my head to pillow at night, sleeps evades me like a lost boy. And the dominating thought prouncing though my mind? Why can I not fall asleep? What in the world is going on?

Until last night. I slept all night. for about 9-9.5 hours. I can't tell you how amazing that is. The best part is that I feel rested! I haven't felt like that in the longest time!


-a happy camper (despite the presence of snow on my car)

1 comments:

Julie said...

needed this. here in socal there is no real change in the weather. this weekend its back up in the 90s. I've seen it rain once. Let me repeat: once.
i've really been struggling this fall with the absence of any season change. i think you helped me identify why that is. things are not always going to be this way.....

thank you. i'm going to blog you on that one.