Thursday, November 13

they glisten no more

The shift from fall to winter is nearly complete.

The leaves whose colors warmed my soul and made not smiling impossible are now a sort of disappointment. They no longer glisten as they did, just days ago, as we move away from the warmth and light of the sun. And the forecast for my area is essentially the final nail in the coffin: Goodbye, sun... fall... quiet times beneath trees; hello grayness, snow, ice, and snowmen. What does the next few days hold for us? Rain. And after that? Snow. And more snow. And more snow.

But I'm not sure I could do a Christmas season without snow. The idea just doesn't seem right.

I've been writing more. Inspired by those around me and their outstanding creativity and insight. And I'm thinking about writing children's books based off some of my short stories. It would be fun.

0 comments: