2.5 months.
That's roughly how long I've been unemployed now.
It's a hard place for me to be.
To sit and be.
Unemployed.
It's no coincidence, I think,
of the timing and journey of my community.
The idea of grace and peace
running deep through our minds
Learning to breathe slowly, deeply.
And explore grace and peace
In the middle of life's joys and pains and trials
Within this season I felt a lot of emotions
Asked a lot of questions.
Peace.
Confusion.
Anger.
Hope.
Joy.
How much longer?
Will I be okay?
What's next?
How long will this go on for?
What can I learn?
How can I grow?
Why?
I'm not sure if you've ever been where I am
But these questions wreck my soul
And my most honest prayers are often the shortest
"help"
"please"
"why"
"come"
And the discomfort can't be shooed away
with tasks and commitments
There are none.
Just me
God
And my fears
That's roughly how long I've been unemployed now.
It's a hard place for me to be.
To sit and be.
Unemployed.
It's no coincidence, I think,
of the timing and journey of my community.
The idea of grace and peace
running deep through our minds
Learning to breathe slowly, deeply.
And explore grace and peace
In the middle of life's joys and pains and trials
Within this season I felt a lot of emotions
Asked a lot of questions.
Peace.
Confusion.
Anger.
Hope.
Joy.
How much longer?
Will I be okay?
What's next?
How long will this go on for?
What can I learn?
How can I grow?
Why?
I'm not sure if you've ever been where I am
But these questions wreck my soul
And my most honest prayers are often the shortest
"help"
"please"
"why"
"come"
And the discomfort can't be shooed away
with tasks and commitments
There are none.
Just me
God
And my fears

1 comments:
hello there!
Post a Comment