Good morning! I'm really tired. I haven't slept well since Tuesday night, I think. It's really draining, this no sleep thing...
I'm currently using one of my roomie's laptop to use the 'net...
Last week I found mold in the bite valve of my camelbak. Lots of mold. Not sure how I missed it, but I pretty much almost lost my cookies (except I don't have cookies to begin with) when I found it. I don't know how long it's been there or if it is a contributing factor to my illness, but needless to say: eww. I was able to get 99% of the mold out using Q-tips, but wasn't all that convinced about the mold spors not reproducing without bleach. And my water intake has gone from 60-80 ounces a day to pretty much nothin'. So I decided just to buy a new bite valve for my bottle, except that they cost $6 and then $7 to ship. So $13 for a new bite valve. New bottles are about that...
[why don't I just get a different kind of bottle? This kind/brand "works" for me. Incapable of spilling/breaking + I can use it with one hand.]
So I drove around today and stopped at MC Sports. They didn't have the tips, but they helped me call pretty much every possibility in the city. And still noone carried them. So I would have to order them online. MC Sports had the new bottles for pretty much the same cost of a new valve and shipping. And then they gave me a discount. So then it was cheaper than getting just the bite valve/ And Camelbak's stuff is now BPA free.
So now I have a seriously bright camelbak (think orange that wants to be red), with a clear bite valve (so I can SEE when it gets eww). And it's BPA free, which is nice. Not all that happy that I needed to purchase another one, but oh well. I've already had more water today than in the previous few days, probably combined.
See you... probably not online, though. So call me, instead.
I'm off to finish a brochure/project. Peace.
First blog post
10 years ago

2 comments:
there must have been gluten in the mold.
I think the glutens are looking for you, jim... they told me...
Post a Comment