Wednesday, February 4

My Little Buddy, Justus

Everyone, meet Justus
(as in "justice")



I use to babysit him when he was two.
[He's two in this picture]
He was my little buddy.
After just a couple times of staying with me
He wouldn't want to leave me.
We had lots of fun together.


We would go to the store together and got "can can" (candy)
He once forgot that we were getting M & Ms for him to keep at my place
[they were on the checkout counter]
And he laid down in the aisle, not making a sound
In silent protest
I picked him up, set him on his feet
Explained that when we're in a store we stay on our feet.
He looked at me, smiled, and said "K!"
And on we went.

We would build forts together
[that he soon discovered if he jumped on top of the fort while I was in the fort,
the fort would make all sorts of funny noises]
We even experienced his first timeout together.

He had a thing for light switches.
He would go through my house and get on his tip-toes
And turn every light on.

I once was getting ready to take him outside to play.
I turn around to take his hand and he wasn't standing by me anymore.
I heard a noise coming from my laundry room.
So I peak my head in.
"Whatcha doin', Justus?"
"Brew brew!" He exclaimed, matter of factly.
He had my broom in hand and was attempting to sweep up my laundry
"Kheen!" He continued.
I about DIED laughing.

Kids are great.

My good buddy, now.


[Justus (4!!) with his Aunt, my friend, Ashley]

0 comments: