Hey all my (3) faithful readers! Yes, I have been silent as of late. For that I only slightly apologize. Here's a great story.
Last Friday I had game-day at my home. All-around, it was a great time! The best part was absolutely unexpected. My friend Aza came and brought me a surprise. A couple years back I was homeless with a friend. We considered ourselves kindered spirits and were virtually inseperable... and we were both very, very messed up in differing ways. But, we loved each other, and dispite our obvious dysfunctions, were great friends. She left for the Air Force & I left for college. I haven't seen her in almost 2 full years. I have missed her.
When Aza showed up he made me close my eyes. I recieved a light tap on the shoulder and opened my eyes. On;y a half second later I realized who it was & screamed louder than I knew I could. I teared, felt light-headed, and hugged her so hard she claims I broke her ribs, hehe. 
We could barely hold a conversation the entire time we were so overwhelmed by seeing each other. After a few games, lots of laughs, and more hugs than we could count, she and her brother left to go home after extending an invitation to come to their family reunion. Needless to say, I was shocked & Aza recieved lots of hugs for doing such a great job.
The next day Aza & I made the trip from Kalamazoo to Indian River and went to her family reunion, staying with Amanda & her parents. Aza returned with her brother to Kalamazoo & I stayed up her with her family, after Amanda begging me and her parents assuring me I was welcome to stay. I went to dinner with her & her family last night and every one of her family treated me as one of the family, from her 6 year old cousin to her grandparents. They asked me when I was leaving and I told them Thursday around noon. Her dad exclaimed from the other end of the table, "WHY? STAY! I'll pay you!" We all laughed, & I agreed to stay. So here I will be until the 5th of July. I feel like one of the family, like a daughter to her parents... not once have I felt like a burden or anything negative.... and amanda & I? Well, we couldn't be happier with the situation.
It's been amazing to see how she's changed, grown, & been healed... and to hear from her how I've changed, grown, & been healed. God... is so good. She's married, got a good job in the Air Force, and headed to Germany for her post (not Iraqq as originally told!) I will be going to visit she & Sky (her husband). There are lots of pics on my MySpace, if you're interested. I will write more as I can.
Love you all
Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

1 comments:
That's awesome Ashlove! Sounds like an awesome family that you're staying with!
And in other news...I cannot say anything yet...but I may or may not have exciting news to tell you maybe on Sunday, or at the very earliest Saturday night. Just thought you should know!
love ya!
Post a Comment