"...there's something different about you..."
said one of the Boylston Home girls as we were chatting at the table Thursday afternoon. Joking with her, I replied, "Well, ya know, I do have a limp."
"No, it's not that."
"Well, is it a good thing, do you think?"
"I'm not sure. I can't figure out what it is"
"Ahh... will you let me know when you do?"
"Yeah... but I just don't know what it is!"
"Keep your eye on me, okay? And let me know when you figure it out"
"Okay"
I don't think she decided what it was that made me different, but she did watch me like a hawk for the rest of my time there. This conversation really got me thinking about what it means to be a Christian. It's not that I went to church and sang real loud or read my Bible faithfully, or even prayed a whole lot. She hadn't seen me do anything like that. But still, she stared at me with a look of confusion.
"No, it's not that."
"Well, is it a good thing, do you think?"
"I'm not sure. I can't figure out what it is"
"Ahh... will you let me know when you do?"
"Yeah... but I just don't know what it is!"
"Keep your eye on me, okay? And let me know when you figure it out"
"Okay"
I don't think she decided what it was that made me different, but she did watch me like a hawk for the rest of my time there. This conversation really got me thinking about what it means to be a Christian. It's not that I went to church and sang real loud or read my Bible faithfully, or even prayed a whole lot. She hadn't seen me do anything like that. But still, she stared at me with a look of confusion.
It's nothing I have achieved myself. In fact, I've got my issues and I'm not ashamed to own up. Something internally beyond my own efforts sets me apart and tells that I am different.
Something... Something.
Something.
Something.
-Asher
(Apostle Paul gives a lot of insight to what it was she was trying to figure out)

0 comments:
Post a Comment