Saturday, August 5

The Trip Home [clif notes version]

The visit was amazing. Details on that later!

One of the board members and her husband picked me up today during group devotions (right after breakfast) and so we interupted devotions and said our good-byes. Most of the girls were saying things like, "Don't leave me, Miss Asher" making saying good-bye difficult for me. One girl won't be there if I return and she was crying; it was difficult to comfort her, knowing full well it's a possibility that she won't see me again.

So I got to the airport and checked myself in like a pro, yo! And as I'm passing through to go to the first security checkpoint, the lady asks for my boarding pass and ID, which I had ready for her. She then asks, "How old are you?" "22" I reply, understanding that I look a bit younger than the years I hold. She then procedes to get argumentative with me, accusing me of being 16! I'm like, "uhhhh, Im definitely 22" I gave her my birthdate and began to reach for my passport.... but she couldn't hold me, so I got through... woot woot. TSA are pushy, sheesh.

Deater and her sister picked me up in GR and took me to Brad's where my car is. He's not there, his roommate isn't there, aaaannnnndddddddd my car is locked... so my ride takes me over to CU where Larry made me coffee, let me eat a bit of his food, use his compy, and we watched House, MD. Then he left, I continued to watch House and then I slept a bit.... Bambi & Rebekah just called me and informed me that they're on their way to "rescue me," make me cookies, give me a soft bed, and go to church with me in the morn'. After church we'll eat some chow and get my car and I'll return to mi casa.... mmmm... good friends! Besides, we needs to talk about the job and stuff..... oooo yeah, I heart my friends muy mucho (that's really bad Spanish grammar, if anyone's curious.... but I'm tired and proper writing is the second to last thing on my mind!)

more later....

-Asher

0 comments: