Saturday, September 16

after all these years

a two-syllabuled word yeilds all the power in the world...

So I talked to my dad today and he told me that he'd rather just put money in my account than fly out to come get me... I protested and said the one word that makes my father week in the knees for his girls...

"Daddy"

I know, I know, it's horrible manipulation, but if you were in my situation you'd be workin the "Daddy's little girl" card, too.. well, except if you were a guy, but then you wouldn't be in my position at all... lol..

Anyway, I'm excited because that means I get to see my dad Friday morning and that he's driving me home (and we get some quality dad-ashley time that we havent had in several years)... not to mention the fact that I'll be in my hometown for my birthday and seeing my closest friends a lot sooner than expected.

But despite the excitement about going home there are some apprehensive/negative feelings to go along. I've got no job and not much money and loans are due soon... but even more important than the finances are the relationships I've been forming here... I'm now torn between two worlds, and I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to leave my new role here but I know that financially, TC will be better for me.

Either way, Friday I get to see my Dad... and that's the best birthday present I could ask for (even better than getting my loans paid off, lol)

Well friends, you should be proud, I only took one nap today!!! It's off to bed with me!!

-Asher.
ps- if you could, please pray for a friend of mine out here... her dad died a few days ago and yeah... what do you say to that..? nothing. we're praying for her and if you could join us, Im sure she'd appreciate it... thanks.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay for Dad/Asher time!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Hey - since you'll be in TC, can you email me your home address? You might just get a little somethin' somethin' for your birthday ;-)