If I ever hear those words come out of my manager's mouth again, I seriously might just... take a deep breath and move on with my job. Seriously, folks. Here's why:
To be honest, I'm not sure when my first day with Old Navy was, but I think it was last week, Tuesday. If you really need to know, check the posts below this one, and I'm sure you'll find out. Anyway, I've only spent 3 or 4 of those days at the Cashwrap (read: cashier), during which time I think I've run into about every problem you can imagine. Seriously. My managers are consistantly saying to me, "Hmm, that's weird, that's never happened before..."
I think the computers have it out for me. Maybe they're jealous of my firey red hair, or even my funky groove. What do you think? Whatever it is, the worst occurred today. I got tons of rather large purchases, and while cashing out at $235 purchase, the gentleman, who was visiting from Canada, asks to split pay, putting $30 cash and then the rest on his credit card. Easy enough to process, I do it quite often, so no problem. Heh, right...
Normally, you enter the cash amount and then hit cash. But I skipped the amount part and just hit "cash." Apparently this means that the customer has given you the exact payment amount. Ha.. ha... yeaahhh. 30 dollars does NOT equal $235, though they do share a 3, don't they? So, I get on my uber-cool walkie and call for my manager, who calmly explains to me that we must do a Post Void. I look at him, terrified by the sound of this post void thing. And for a good reason. Basically, for the next lifetime, my new Canadian friend and I exchanged all types of small talk (I even employed the FORD principle from my DML training) as I, by hand, typed in every single item number on his mile long reciept. Luckily for both he and I, Canadians are pretty "laxie" (I believe that's short for lackadaisical, friends).
Right. Yeah. It was then the subject of much teasing. The teasing which I greatfully took, and then discovered that I am making none of the typical beginner mistakes, but instead, I'm inventing a whole new set. Great. Leave it to me. Well, my Pastor has always told me to be a trailblazer. I guess I've taken him more seriously than even I've realized! :-p
And, assuming I work all my scheduled shifts this week, I could get over time! *gasp* how sweet would THAT be??! Anway, it's still early in the week, so we will see. But so far, I've worked 8 hrs that I wasn't scheduled for, plus my oncall for today, so we'll see! That'd be so great! woot!
K, I've got muy things to do,
-Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment