Tonight was AMAZING!
I had a pretty relaxing, semi-productive afternoon, and then I met up with Jordan and Andy at Borders to finish our discussion questions for college group.
After college group (which I went to because I got called off of work) Andy, Jordan, Ashley and I headed back to my place where we ate dinner and an entire half gallon of Edy's slow churned french silk ice cream... yeah... Jordan ate most of it, lol. Anyway, after that we decided to play hide & seek in the dark. It was hilarious. One time I found Ashley hiding IN THE DRYER.... grown, 5'2'' woman fit herself completely into my standard-sized dryer... lol, no joke... I have pictures. I'll upload them at some point... like when it's not 3:31 in the morning... You might think hide n' seek is only fun for little kids, but trust me, with a little bit of creative thinking, the hiding spots only get better! = )
Have I mentioned that I love my friends? Yeah, I pretty much do.
After hide-n-seek things got more intimate and Jordan and I ended up holding two very tearful friends that we love dearly... for about two hours... it was pretty much intense. I did more concentrated hugging and praying in that two hours than I've done all month, which is pretty darn impressive, if you ask me.
I wouldn't trade tonight for the world, really. I mean, yeah, it wasn't what we had thought would happen, but it was what needed to happen, and I am so blessed by tonight I'm not really sure I can explain. It was life. It was real. It was open. It was authentic. And there's simply not a thing more beautiful than that!
Hide & seek pretty much rocked my socks, folks. I'm not kidding.
Sleep well. I think my adrenaline might be subsiding a bit now and sleep might be a wee bit more possible for me, now.
Love,
Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment