Friday, February 2

An Inch From Death

At least that's how I felt yesterday. In fact I was pleading, in all seriousness, with my roommate to have her "knock me out." Because when you're as sick as I was, an unconscious state sounds amazingly enticing.

I was so sick that the moment I woke up in the morning I knew I was done for and called in to work. The rest of the day was spent on my couch, except for 2-3 trips to the bathroom, that I needed help to make. It was pretty much horrible, let me tell you.

This morning when I woke up I could at least travel my house on my own, but still felt pretty lousy, so instead of Jordan and I heading out to Lake Ann for the day we just chilled at my house, instead. He, like almost always, was a sweetie and did some dishes, wiped down the counters, and made me some food. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the energy to help him and I couldnt even finish half the bowl of mac & cheese. It just didn't taste right.

Andy came over later and we hung out some. We're a weird bunch, really. We can be "hanging out" and doing our own things, all at once. I'm on the couch reading Abba's Child, Andy's on the floor reading the Ragamuffin Gospel, and Jordan's in my room on the computer. Ashley joined us later and called us boring. lol. Then the four of us went to Applebee's. I seriously was only able to eat about 8 bites of my food. Lol. And next was the Andy Six concert. Andy Six is a worship leader at New Hope. It was amazing. He is sooo gifted in his voice and the songs that he has written are so pure & raw. Great stuff. And now here am I. Alone and exhausted.

I need to go lay down, but before I do, I have two prayer requests:

  1. My roommate's poppa is at the UofM hospital in pretty bad condition. This was her father-figure growing up, so she's down there and pretty shaken up.
  2. Pray that I 1) get better; 2) make it financially this month; 3) find another job
-Asher

0 comments: