I'm wondering tonight. Wondering why... why?
I absolutely LOVE to write. It's one of my favorite activities. When I write I feel like I'm doing something significant; something that could, maybe, change the world. I have several encouragers who stroke my ego when I share things I've written, so I "know" I'm at least decent at my written communication.
Writing.
I'm not sure what I did to deserve such fans, nor why I am so skeptical of their praise. My good buddy Lindsey and I hung out this afternoon and she started teaching me the art of video editing. This made me very happy. I've long told Lindsey I was "one day going to write a book," and we haven't hung out since I'd actually begun this endeavor, so I read some of my stuff to her. Lindsey instantly demanded that we record my writings in video format.
We spent the evening doing just that. She wants to do a series of such things. And we'll probably re-record what we did tonight because I had no time to memorize ANY of it and I spent a lot of time reading instead of communicating.
We found ourselves at the Well later on and I was explaining this to Jordan, and he was like, "You have some pretty fantastic stuff on your blog that you should use, too." (I have myself a hidden blog... hehehehehe...) What gets me is that I know I'm a good writer. Most of the time when I'm writing I can say, "I did pretty good on this." And, if I know it's less than stellar, I can say, "Yeah, this one pretty much stunk."
I don't write about stuff in theory, but I don't water it down. My stuff is easy to understand, but deep and very thoughtful. I don't say this to be arrogant, but writing is an area of my life where I can say, with unwavering confidence, that I am gifted and will be used if I can discern the correct avenue and format for what I hope to accomplish.
I'm torn, though. Am I being prideful in saying the things above?
First blog post
10 years ago

2 comments:
It becomes prideful when you are unable to take correction. You do write well Asher...:-)
it isn't pride to realize and understand your God-given strengths as long as you remember where those gifts and strengths come from....
Post a Comment