About an hour ago, I drank this far too quickly...
It's a highly caffinated soda that I enjoy very much. It's rather pricey, but every-so-often we get them in at the Well. I try to only have one each time we get them it; I could get addicted fairly quicky. They use to have cautions on them, limited intake to two per day... lol.
I just talked to Aza and he was like, "hey Asher, you're highly caffinated right now and I really want to hear what you have to say, but I need to focus on driving." lol. A blizzard the night before Easter?? Who does that?!
Anyway...
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Doctor.
First it was Er, the Pediatrician, then ER again.
Then I wanted to be a Lawyer. Then a Police Officer.
Then I wanted to be an astronaut. Then to be in the USAF. (they told me no, lol)
I'm pretty sure at some point I wanted to be a fire-fighter.
Then I wanted to be a social worker.
Then it was a lawyer again and then back to the Dr thing.
Then, at the age of 16 I started considering youth ministry.
It made sense to me.
It's almost always made sense to me.
But I have this fascination with the sky. stars. clouds. sun. it's never gone away...
I love songs like this...
The attractiveness of Christianity is ultimately not found in a church service. It's found in a group of people who are living the gospel. Churches can be more than a service. They can be alternate communities that exemplify the Kingdom of God and its values.
Part of the appeal of the early church must have been the way that slaves and masters, Jews and Gentiles, and men and women overcame social differences and worshiped together. One could only explain this kind of countercultural community of love and forgiveness by the gospel. You can explain good music and preaching lots of other ways, but there's no way to explain people who are living the gospel apart from the gospel. HT - Daryl Dash

0 comments:
Post a Comment