Yesterday was such a phenomenal day... it really was. It started with an early wake up of 7am to get ready and go to the Farmers' Market with my dear Tarah. It was a lot of fun! I got some dried cherries; some are covered in yogurt, others in chocolate, and the rest plain. Just walking around and being around all the natural goodness and very friendly farmers was great!
Then we decided to go kill some time and go two-tracking.... because it's fun, and the woods are gorgeous this time of year. It turned into quite the adventure when all the sudden we hear a snap, a bang, and then some very unhealthy scrapping noises coming from underneath Green Floyd (Tarah's car). After some investigating, I found a 4 foot long branch had somehow wedged itself up between a pipe and the bottom of her car and was held there even more by a huge rubber strap that is meant to hold the pipe in place. After some coaxing and wiggling I was able to liberate Green Floyd from the monstrous stick. ASHLOVE TO THE RESCUE!
After the conclusion of our two-tracking adventure, we parted ways and I went down to Bryant park (for those of you who don't know the area, Bryant is a favorite place to have picnics and such; it's right on the water. Before the picnics, though, it's a great place to read, write, and reflect) to work on clarifying my philosophy of ministry. (it's about 9:30am now)
At 10am I went over to the Omelette shoppe where I met Elysia for breakfast. She's kinda like my soul sister; we were best friends before she got married and now, well, we're discovering what our friendship will look like since she now lives out of town. It was good to see her. We then headed back to Bryant and caught up with one another.
I had about a half hour to kill before going to work, so I came home to check my email where I discovered more good news. (It's now about 1pm)
Then I went to work, where my manager told me I was not staying for my on-call... I was kind of bummed, I need the hours. Later my manager pulls me aside and tells me he can keep me for two out of my three on call hours. This made me very happy! YAY for more hours. Then Todd wanted to go to dinner.... so we went to dinner. We had some rather philosophical conversations.
Then I came home, worked on my philosophy some more, and went to bed. Now... I must get ready for work. Have a great day!
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment