Wednesday, May 30

New Hampshire-ness, West Michigan, Georgia

In the past 3 days I've talked to four of the people that were my (short-lived) support system in NH. All four of them had great things to say and caused me to laugh hysterically (with the exception of Mel, I screamed when I talked to her... she's getting MARRIED and I am so excited for her!)

My former coworkers are hilarious. Franklin and I go at it, with his wife Theng in the middle, every time. But they never fail to make sure I'm doing okay when they call, either.

And then there's Curtis. I talk to him most often out of the crew. He's one of the sons of the family that took me in after I quit my job in New Hampshire. He was the only person in the family near my age, so after I slept for three days (and I did, quite literally, sleep for three days) he rescued me from boredom. We're pretty solid friends and it's safe to say I laughed for an hour straight while talking to him last night. Thanks, Curtis.

I'd love to go visit them the first chance I'm financially able and stable.

I've also gotten to talk to both of the Youth Pastors I interned for during my time at Cornerstone. Due to some recent developments, they're sending all sorts of love my way as they encourage me with their words and die-hard belief in my abilities and calling. I hardly feel worthy of such high-praise, but at the same time, those well placed words are causing my heart to smile and my spirit to soar. Their words are strengthening me where I am weak. Perhaps that's why I am so quick to encourage others- I know what it does for me.

The past few days have been amazing and have confirmed for me that I am heading in the right direction. I am praying that God would guide me and that I would find peace in whatever outcome there is in this situation.
(and if you don't know what I'm talking about... and would like to... give me a ring and I'll share)

I am so thankful for the older and wiser in my life... so, so thankful.. and for all those that have encouraged me in the past few days... or ever... your words and investments are appreciated more than I can say.

Take care,
Asher

0 comments: