Sunday, June 17

Where have all the can-do's gone?

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who complain about something when they have it in their power to cause change... good change.

Along with that is another thing that annoys me: dream squashers. DREAMS ARE GOOD. So is FUN.

I have worked hard all this week to come up with a theme for tomorrow night at the Well. When talking with a couple friends, we decided to have a vintage kid night... you know snacks and games from our childhood.

I have legos and play-doh for the "games" and jello and ants on a log for the snacks (esp. since we've been short on Crema this week). So far everyone's pretty excited; I've gotten nothing but positive feedback... Until 20 minutes ago when I was leaving the well and I was informed that one of my partners wanted "nothing to do with it," and it was "childish" and didn't fit the artistic environment of the Well. Which, quite honestly, I think is completely wrong... but more than that, it hurt my feelings. I have put a lot of energy into making the well its best on Sundays and I love serving others there. While there tonight, Aza had to remind me several times that I wasn't working and to... not work. So, ya know, everyone who complains about the well squashes all ideas to make the well better... and that's annoying. I know for a fact that wellers like play-doh; I use to bring mine in every week and just set it out... and every week we'd have bunches of people sitting around talking and creating ART. Yeah, ART. with play-doh. I'm slightly annoyed.

Anyway, I'm probably just over tired and well... in need of some rest. 31.5 hours this week... I'm lovin' it, but it took my body by surprise! YAY for hours and loving work again!

0 comments: