Some days it can be difficult to see the beauty when surrounded by difficult, rough situations. At the direction of a friend I began making two lists. The goal is to add 5 things to the each day. Im not there yet, but here are my lists so far.
Reasons I'm thankful
I can pay my bills
my car works
my family is alive!
I have clothes
I have people who care for me
lower gas prices
nosey friends =)
coffee
forgiveness
the well
Don Perini
Kaelyn (my baby sis)
knowing how to make coffee
steak (I think I was hungry)
challenge
the open space
sunshine
grace
community
patience
books
air/breathing
peace
freedom
days off
Alex H.
relaxing with people
trees
breeze
hugs
Orange Juice
BOTH of my jobs
people who care
ability to think/reflect
sick days
my journal
my bed
today; a new day
music
love
and today:
Aza
Michael Span (a friend serving in the Marines. I got to hear his voice today!!)
money for clothes
the ability to talk
stars
Ways Im growing (this is a more difficult list to finish each day I sit down to do it)
more self-aware
I articulate what's going on inside more clearly
ask/ accept help
I say "No"
more logical
I believe I am loved/KNOW I am loved
i give grace
more open-minded
write more
take responsability for my actions
able to BE with just me
less defensive; more receptive
better self-image
self-directed/confident
want time to myself
beginning to take risks again
able to seperate wok/life
I know I cant save the world
financial restraint
belief in ability
able to BE (oops, a repeat)
I go to church
can identify abuse
praying more
I believe things can change
I believe I am strong
I can be angry without hurting others or myself
I say Im sorry less
ask forgiveness more
receptive to help (another repeat)
more patient with difficult people
taking care of me is a priority
enjoy silence
dont feel bad for resting
I see hope.
Im not overly concerned with making others mad.
and today:
I breathe deep and sit alone when stressed (instead of making it a huge deal)
I flex when things change
I can maintain my self when others tear me down
let hurtful things fall to the ground instead of them penetrating me
I enjoy who I am
...
the lists help to remind me that Im a work in progress and that life is more than the 6 inches on any side of me. If things are tough and seeing the good in life is hard, maybe lists like these could help?
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment