It's Friday @ 1:40 in the a to the m. I've been rockin' it out since Noon Thursday. Talk about a long work day. And before any of you go chiding me about rest and overworking myself... let me say this: give me a free place to crash for the winter. I promise I'll cut back on the working hours of my life. There. I said it. Don't chide.
I woke up Thursday with a rediculously sore throat. Not cool. Not cool at all. So I did what I could to avoid two things today: refined sugar, which is like shards of glass to a wounded throat, and milk products, which coat the throat and cause you to cough. And if you've ever coughed while having a sore throat you know it's unpleasant. Anyhow, I swung by the Well after I got off Espresso Bay (just before 1am) and got myself a cup of green tea with honey. My throat's feeling better now, thanks.
My hope in swinging by the Well was to see some people and enjoy some company... but I quickly realized that I didn't have an ounce of energy when I kept staring blankly out into space instead of listening to the convos, so I left and here am I, nursing my poor throat with green tea and honey. I need to go to bed now. I get to repeat this schedule again tomorrow. Woot.
Peace.
Asher
____
I called a friend a bit later. Unable to sleep and slightly stressed at life, I asked them to pray for me. And they did, with me, over the phone. There is comfort in knowing you're being prayed for. But what struck me most was their words; what they prayed for. Some of it was expected, other details were... weird. Weird good. Like coping with curve balls? What curve balls? Oh... yeah... THOSE curve balls. I tend to downplay stuff until it can be downplayed no longer. Oops.
And I meant to share what I'm learning. I'm learning to trust God. To re-trust God. I'm beginning to differentiate between things that happened that were horrible, painful, ugly affects of sin and imperfection, vs God's fault. (An example: the whole New Hampshire fiasco) Realizing this (emotionally, I get it intellectually) has been a painfully slow process that has eased the pressure and confusion in my life. It's a good lesson to learn, but contrary to what I wish would happen, it'll be a lifetime before I really grasp it. Or at least several years. ;-)
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment