Tuesday, August 28

Pursuing Happyness

Lately my stuff has been more a source of stress than it has been of joy. To be honest with you, I don't even want the computer I'm typing on. I mean, sure, it has its perks, and Im sure that when I have the equipment (Adobe Photoshop and a superdrive) to do the things I really want to do (design) with it, that may change some, but in reality, it's just stuff.


Stuff that gleams and glitters and lies.  The one piece of technology that I absolutely adore is my $100 digital camera my grandparents bought me for my 22nd birthday.  I love taking pictures.  I'm not anywhere near good enough to do anything professional with it... but it brings me so much joy to capture reality; a second of history that can forever be enjoyed/reflected on.

But honestly?  You can have my fancy razr.  And my full bed, too.  (I actually prefer twins)  And my car's CD player.  I really don't want it.  I feel overwhelmed by technology, honesty.  Too wired.  Too connected.  Don't mistake this as an ungrateful post, though.  I am overly blessed to have these things... seriously.  But I just don't need them.  I need to simplify.  I WANT to simplify.  I want to get back to a point in my life where 1) I'm not OD'ing on technology and 2) I'm meeting other's needs with the money God has given me.  (Even if I don't have much) Sooo...

I'm selling some stuff.  I'm selling my pioneer car CD player thing.  A sprint cell phone.  Some DVDs and a few other things.  Part of the money from this stuff will go to my application fee for grad school and the rest to people I know that are in need of food, material things, or just a random act of kindness and encouragement.    If you want/need anything, let me know.  I'll work out a more than fair price and it's yours.  In fact, if you REALLY want it, I'll probably just give it to you.  Yep.  If you live more than driving distance away you'll have to pay for shipping, though.  Umm... contact me for a list of things/if you're interested.  

*deep breathing*

Asher

0 comments: