I was suppose to work 1-9pm. I worked 1-10:10pm. Not that I'm complaining; I need the money. However, I stayed to help alleviate some of the stress from a coworker and things didn't go so well. Between the two of us... both of us were too tired to be any good.
I had made a Milky Way Mocha and was setting it up and called out the name; "Billy Joe Bob*" I called out, just as, by some freak act of the coffee gods, I effectively dump all 16 ounces of sweet.. HOT... espresso goodness all over me and the bar. Perceptive, Billy Joe Bob says, "so, it's going to be a few minutes?"
Yes. A few, to be exact.
The next order was 2 Grande Breve Lattes. As I was pouring the 1/2&1/2 into the steam pictures... I missed... and poured it all over the bar. I'm thinking my hand/eye coordination's requesting... more like demanding... a vacation. Sheesh. Ah well. It was a good day.
Another customer asked me, "Are you sitting on something, or are you really just that little?"
Me:"I'm not sitting on anything, so I guess I am just that little"
"oh, how cute!'
Me: *polite, oh-my-gosh-lady-don't patronize-me, smile*
Seriously.
Hope you smiled. =)
Asher

0 comments:
Post a Comment