Monday, September 3

Random Moments of Happy

A friend of mine spent 3.5 months in Siberia this Summer.  He got home a couple weeks ago and gave me a call, letting me know he was home but would be leaving in a week for Oregon where he'd interview for a long-term missions stay in Siberia. Sweet, right?!  That meant we wouldn't see each other til after September 1.  


Well, being that it was Sept. 2 he was on my mind on Sunday.  I decided not to call him because I didn't want to overwhelm him.  I was washing dishes tonight at the Well and I felt my partner standing next to me, so I look up... only it's not my partner, it's Eric!  I was/am so excited!  We swapped summer stories.  He forced me to talk about me... but all I wanted to do was hear about Siberia.  I compromised and vaguely explained my summer.  Then he shared about Siberia.  I'm so happy he's home!   Before we parted ways he made sure I knew I hadn't escaped talking about my summer.  eh.  Anyway, Eric's back.  And although we'll need to do some creative scheduling in order to hang out, I look forward to our friendship again!  And hopefully his faith will encourage me.  =)

I really need to get to bed now.  Night!

Asher

0 comments: