Lately my prayers have been something along the lines of, "God, thank you so much for bringing me back to you. Could you PLEASE help me with finding a home, fixing my car, healing my tooth... etc"
I generally feel guilty about these prayers. I don't want to see God has a mystical genie... but my needs are legitimate, and these prayers, I think, are an expression not only of my desperation, but also my faith and hope.
This morning I went back to the dentist to get some work done on my tooth that broke when I was eating a bagel. Turns out, metal fillings aren't such a great idea; metal expands and contracts with hot and cold, wearing and weakening the tooth. Any how, my dentist upgraded what she did to my tooth, didn't tell me, and only charged me the originally discussed price. What's more is a friend called me a couple days ago and informed me (much to my objection, mind you) that they were sending some money my way. This money will COVER my dentist bill!
After the dentist I went to the gas station and filled up. My car's been giving me problems lately. The starter's been going for a while and it just recently got much worse, almost overnight. When I went to start my car at the gas station it took me about 5 minutes to get it started. I went home and got ready for work. I go out to start my car and it wouldn't start. For 15 minutes I'm trying to start this thing. I finally admit that this is the end of my starter and start arranging rides to and fro for the weekend, hoping to get it fixed Monday/Tuesday. While at work my grandparents decide to get Sadie fixed for me. By the time I got out of work she was all better... even though I didn't know it until I got home.
While at my other work, later on, I'm talking to one of our regulars and a friend of hers. I discover that he went to CU as well, though several years before me. One way or another the issue of Asher becoming homeless in a week comes up. And I now have a free place to live for the next three and a half months! Woot! Turns out this friend of a friend is a traveling nurse and the hospital pays his housing and everything! And he's allowed to house whomever he wishes. So in as soon as a couple days I'll be chillin' in a condo. How amazing is THAT! And then in January whenever that place "expires," I'll be crashing with my "regular." That won't be free, but it won't be more than 230/month, everything included.
How AMAZING is that for a day? Now... I really must get some sleep. I need to be back at the coffee shop in 6.5 hours.
Peace
Asher
[bonus points for anyone who can tell me how many times the word "start" or some form of it was used in this post]

0 comments:
Post a Comment