Saturday, October 6

Verbal Hugs vs Warm Fuzzies

I went to work today at 9am.  I got out just moments before 7pm.  LOOOOONGOSA day (longosa is a way to pull shots of espresso.  it's when you pull them slower so the shot is stronger and more bitter. but that's not what I mean here).  With the exception of my half hour break (which was interrupted by a customer, still) I worked non-stop.  For 10 hours.  Running back and forth.  Back and forth.  My legs want to fall off.  They do.  Seriously.  They told me so.


By the time I took my lunch I was ready for some encouragement.  So I called a friend of mine and asked for a verbal hug.  They said that just sounded like a bunch of verbage, so how about some warm fuzzies, instead?  They then described the view as they were driving, the good things that made them happy, etc.  It really did help me.  And then we talked about all the great stuff that's been happening to me over the past 24 hours.  It reminded me to think outside of the crappy couple moments I was having.  And it wasn't preachy... it was simply conversation.

Then they asked if I'd like to learn to kayak.  The answer is YES.  So starting in a week or two... I'm going to learn!  YAY.  And, he's a long-time friend who doesn't mind the fact that I'll need some extra help here and there.  

I am VERY excited.  The only reason I don't do stuff like this is because people don't really ever invite me or want to take the extra time and energy it would take to have  me along.  

So I got my warm fuzzies.  And later on I got a REAL hug.  So... ya know... it was good.  AND it's even better because I'm done working until noon tomorrow.  Tomorrow night I'll be going to check out my new home for the next few months and it looks like I'll be moving on Tuesday.

=)

Mars Hill worship before Mars went Mega.
It's scary, but the people in this video remind me of me and my friends!


&... I ache for my "home."

0 comments: