I love being a perinite. Honestly. I took a lot of flack for it in college, but I learned, grew, and healed so much... and while Don doesn't have all the solutions he taught me so much. One of the biggest things being how to say "no." Admittedly, I didn't get good at it until the past few months, his words and actions set something in motion that is finally maturing. This teaching is watered by Aza and Kim, too. Sadly, saying no caused me to lose lots of friends... but the few I have left are solid, so I can't complain too much.
AND, Don, should you read this... I still have my I AM card. It's soft, flimsy, and held together with scotch tape. It has a home in my wallet and when I'm having a rough day it travels with me in my pocket and when someone says something that cuts into my identity and worth, I pull out the card... I don't even need to read it anymore.
Yesterday was my first day off since GR. And I find myself frustrated because I didnt get enough rest. I didn't get enough me time. Im kinda upset about it... I gotta be honest. The tasks of responsible living really robbed my time. I love my reading-thinking-writing-coffee-chill music time. I feel so much more at peace after hanging out by myself. Then I need to hang out with people. But I need both, with me time first. So yeah. Anyway, Im hoping that with a steady work schedule I might get days off more often. Oh, I can hope...
-Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment