*sigh* Today was an absolutely gorgeous day in TC. After day after day of rain I had pretty much given up hope of seeing the sun on my day off... but by noon the sun was shining bright! YAY!
I am deeply, deeply sad. As you discovered recently, I love my brother and sister VERY MUCH. They are my world, really. I got to see them today, but only because I had caught wind of some rather serious stuff concerning my brother and his girlfriend. So I cancelled my evening plans and went out to my parents' home.
After everyone got home we had dinner together and I took my lil bro for a drive. We grabbed ice cream at a gas station and sat in my car and talked. Not our most amazing bro-sis date, but alas, it provided privacy and a place to talk. We had one of the most heart-breaking and beautiful conversations I've ever had with anyone. He was real and transparent with me. To be honest, I'm scared for him. And I told him that. But I also told him how very proud I was that he had told me the truth and that I loved him no matter what mistakes/decisions he had made and will make.
It was so unbelievably hard to remain calm... not calm from anger... but calm from crying. My heart broke for him. And gossip has only made things more difficult for my amazing young man. I did my best to listen to his impulsive/extremism (man, is he ever MY little brother!) and then talk him down a bit. If the drama he's working through wasn't enough, he began asking questions about my relationships with my parents when I was a teen. *sigh* I've never seen him so heart-broken in his life.
My parents knew my intention was to talk through the girlfriend situation with him and they assured me (as did my little sister) that I'd be met with anger and hostility. But never once did he get angry with me. He was soft spoken, passionately hurt, and receptive. I asked a lot of questions... did even more listening... and stressed to the point of his annoyance that he was loved unconditionally.
please keep my little bro and parents in your prayers. He needs them... and so do they. And pray for me. For this wisdom, love, and grace to help my little brother through this as safely as possible at this point.
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment