Still forgot to bring my journal in. Sorry! Maybe tomorrow. I'm currently waiting for my laundry to get done in the washer. Exciting, I know. Old Navy just called and cut my shifts for the rest of the week. I have mixed emotions about this. It frees up life a bit, so that's good. But that nag of a feeling that says working 37 hours in a week isn't enough haunts me. I mean, the only time if doesn't get me is when I'm working 60hrs/week. That's too much, I know. So I'm going to look at this as a good thing. Hopefully it will ease the fatigue I'm dealing with and give my body a chance to recuperate so I don't end up ill. Last year this time I was down with a cough that would last almost the entire winter and end in a TB scare. So I'm already doing much better.
I don't work Sundays at Espresso Bay. Yesterday was the one and only exception to that rule. Another employee quit so I worked 3.5 hours there. Sunday tippers are HORRIBLE. We open at 6:30am. At 11:30am I counted the tips so I could swap out the smaller change and in that 5 hour period we only made 15 dollars in tips. Do you know how incredibly frustrating that is? And we weren't exactly slow, either. So all you Sunday sight-seers and especially you Sunday church-goers, don't be so stingy! We don't make tons of money serving you and rely on your tips for the AMAZING and FRIENDLY service you get to help make ends meet!
Also, a customer came in closer to noon and asked if our smoothies were low fat. We don't really know, so we were honest, but aside from a high sugar content, they're not too bad for you. Then he asked if our muffins were low fat. Nope. What about our cream cheese? That's a negative. Then he gets cocky. "Does everyone in this town want to die of a heart attack?" Ummm... no. I try to suggest that a little this and a little that isn't going to cause a heart attack as long as a healthy lifestyle is maintained (Because seriously, I don't think I'd survive my "time of the month" without dark chocolate, ice cream, and mashed potatoes and gravy! And I'm pretty healthy. In fact, I regularly eat our cream cheese and our muffins and I'm losing weight! hmm...) He then tells me to go and talk to my cardiologist and storms out. What a grump. Go to Oryana next time, sir. Their food is amazing and free of all thing junkie... including preservatives that you'd detox from if you went organic.
K. I'm done being a whiner. And I'm going to watch The Emperor's New Groove and wait for my laundry to finish up.
Asher
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment