A few days ago two customers came in together. They were two guys.
The first knew me. "I have an account here, can I give you my phone number?"
me: "No, but I'll take your last name."
Second Customer: "Man, that sounded like a pick up line"
Second customer orders...
Second customer: "I have an account here, too. Want my last name?
Me: (I couldn't resist!) "No, but I'll take your phone number!
Second customer: YOU... just made my day!
=)
Tonight I am very aware of how amazingly lucky I am to have the friends that I have. I had a pretty needy day (I had the day off and I NEVER have Sundays off, so I was bored and didn't know what to do... lol) and Nistha was graceful and good to me. In fact, most of my friends just laughed at me. :-) Speaking of laughing... I'm learning how to play an ancient Japanese game called "Go." It's simple to learn the concept but the strategy is ridiculous. It's a huge challenge. Especially for a mind like mine. And I'm also learning Chess. One of the guys who is helping me learn likes to take my perfectionism and "nuke" it. He laughs at it, makes light of it, and oddly enough, his tactics are working; I'm lightening up and allowing myself to make mistakes and move when I'm unsure.
So, lesson of the day: surround yourself with people who will "laugh" lovingly at you in your weaknesses and will help you lighten up and live. And laugh at yourself, too. It's good.
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment