Sunday, November 18

Teens, Creativity & Swearing

Last night I subbed at the Well. And, as the pattern goes, my partner failed to show up. And who should come to my rescue but the BEAUTIFUL Tarah Cole?! We had a great time together. In fact, we decided that should either of us ever decide to come back, we could only partner with each other. It really was an awesome night at the Well. Which is cool, since I actually made a point to pray for the Well and the evening yesterday.

I also talked to my little (16) sister yesterday. She told me that her and a couple friends were going out that night. So I told her that if they stopped by I'd give them free drinks. (1- I wanted to see my sis, 2- I wanted to give them something trouble-free to do) They came and it was my sis, her best friend growing up (my "other" sister) and a young lady I didn't know. I made them drinks and we chatted.

At one point my "other" sister spouted some colorful words... and without skipping a beat, I said, "man, that was SOOOO uncreative." They all just looked at me. I explained what I meant. She chose the word "complain" to replace it. (she figured as long as it wasn't a swear word, I'd be happy) "You think that's creative?! You can so do better than that!" "Whatever, Ashley." So I continued making drinks. A few minutes later my "other" sister was like, "I NEED a dictionary." So I pointed her to the bookshelf. And there they sat, trying to be more creative in their speech. They started asking other wellers for input. I was amazed. Way to go, ladies. =) Sadly, I don't remember what their conclusion was. :-p

And life has been a challenge for my "other" sister. I got an amazing opportunity to talk with her. =) It simply felt good. I felt like I was in my niche. And man, I'm glad I got to see them all. I'm so proud of them.

Asher

0 comments: