Thursday, January 17

hope

Be of good cheer, my brother, for I feel the bottom, and it is sound."
--Mr. Hopeful, in Pilgrim's Progress

Warfare is a peculiar thing. While it hasn't been until recent months that I've been rockin' it out at my home church, it's not like church and warfare are new to me, I've definitely been down the road and around the mountain enough times to know when there is warfare happening. And though Clive (CS Lewis) cautions against obsession of demons, he also warns against ignoring their presence and activities. (see the intro to Screwtape Letters) So, I believe it's safe to say that I am enduring some warfare. Intense warfare. But his tactics don't make sense because I know that when things go well strife begins. Not that I'm complaining, too much, I'd much rather familiar tactics that I can annihilate than "new" methods.

The above quote is from the Pilgram's Process. And it's a good reminder. Not that I'm at the
bottom, but that if I am headed that way (and I've been there before) it's an okay place to be. And there is always hope, because where else is there to go, but up?

Peace, my brothers and sisters. And please, please keep me in your prayers!

AA

0 comments: