Today was AMAZING!!! I don't have the energy left to explain everything, but it was GREAT, let me tell you!
Before youth group I was hiding out in the library at church, enjoying the darkness and semi-quiet (my head was throbbing). I decided that opening my bible would be a good thing to do, since prayer wasn't helping my head. Pastor Carey taught me to go to the Psalms when things get tough, and things have been a challenge recently because of work, so I'm flipping through the Psalms, reading notes and underlined stuff. I came across Psalm 34 (not underlined) and read,
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
(verses 4 & 5)
While I still had the world's most resilient headache, the verses helped encourage my strained spirit to remember that God is good, caring, and faithful. =-)

0 comments:
Post a Comment