Friday, March 14

That Springy Smell

Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! Today was/is suuuuuch a good day. The smell of Spring is so invigorating, so inspiring! I had the random urge to go adventuring and go frolic through a forest, and I would have if there weren't still a substantial amount of frozen curse on the ground (note the intense dislike of SNOW). It reached 44 here today, which for March is a heat WaVe! There is hope, my fellow Northern Michiganders! Soon enough and I'll be spending days off at the Open Space people watching, writing, wondering, spending time with friends underneath the gorgeous sunshine!

-happy dance-

I can't wait!

Last night Jordan was kind enough to look over an article I dream of seeing published. He lovingly tended to it, cleaning up my tenses, and helping to weed out things that took away from the soul of the writing, and hopefully next week we will work together to gently and carefully lengthen it, to meet publication requirements. (I hate toying with its length when it feels complete as it is, but alas, hopes must be entertained and hurdles overcome!)

Tonight I began some of that research that Duff once told his ministry majors we were "destined" to for a lifetime. I thought he was joking. Now I am joyfully, excitedly, seeing how serious he was, and I think it's so cool that I get to do all this as part of my purpose here on Earth! I am so lucky!

I teach in just... 12 days... and I am actually getting more excited and less nervous! If I know myself at all, though, I'll freak out and want to run away the day of... that's just how I roll! :-p

Yesterday I was honored enough to talk with Drew, a good friend and mentor, and it was cool to hear his side of life and receive encouragement, as well.

There's orange juice in my fridge that is calling my name. Loudly. I must go.

Peace.

I was listening to a Ginny Owens song... and then listened to others... and I can't decide which one to share with you guys... they all seem so fitting right now, for me, in different ways... so here they are, in no particular order.

"I Am"

"If You Want Me To"

2 comments:

jimkastkeat said...

what's this article?! where are you submitting it?

and what's this 'research' you speak of that Duff warned you about?

[i have so many questions!]

Rachel said...

thanks for that suggestion! i'll look it up (eventually); unfortunately, i have non-internet-related crap to get done today before workin' at night! :)

love you! :)