It starts out as a giggle, becomes a belly laugh, and before you know it you're laughing so hard you can't inhale, sharp pains in your abdomen start, and tears roll down your face. I mean, we're talking a full body laugh here. Your poor lungs are so desperate for air but the laugh, the power of it, continues on and with each jolt you shove what little air is left in your lungs out into the atmosphere, but can't breathe in. You're turning all sorts of colors humans aren't meant to be. Debilitating convulsions knock you over. Your eyes feel sewn shut and your face is soaked in tears.
Ever laughed this hard?
I did tonight while playing poker with Casey, Paul, and Stephanie at the Well. I don't even remember how it happened, really. Something about Casey making a scuba noise... ah yes...
Stephanie and I don't exactly have poker faces. She's pretty expressive and my face might as well be a book... so I was commenting how she and I need masks... and Casey said we needed scuba gear... but that the change in the breathing patterns would give it away. I do not possess enough talent to communicate to you the scene that ensued. Only to say that my abs STILL hurt. Still. And it's 4 hours later.
Yep. Still.
Laughter is such good medicine.
First blog post
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment