Hi guys! Here's just a bit of what's going on in my "world" down in the great GR...
- I've started hanging out with a couple students on a weekly basis. I'm loving every moment of it!
- Living in Sparta still with deats and her family. They've extended the invitation indefinitely, which is very much appreciated. I hope (and pray!) that I can find a job and build my savings back up so that I can move out ASAP so that I don't burden them.
- Yesterday I created a quote board for our room. Then first quote? The word "particky." It's a blend of particular and picky. It just rolled off my tongue, what can I say?
- My back pain has returned. Seeing the Dr. three times a week had completely eliminated my chronic back pain I'd been experiencing for the previous 2-3 years. I've enjoyed the break from the pain, but it seems it's back to reality.
- Still job hunting... at this point I'll take anything. One promising position, but it would only be fore a few hours a week. It'll be a start, though.
- I've decided to go back to Mars Hill and make it my home. I wasn't sure at first, but a couple weeks ago I went just to see how I felt, and I knew just moments after I got there that this would be home. I'm going to give myself a few months to heal before I start serving again. Right now I'm content with hanging out with my girls, one-on-one. If I ease in anywhere right away it'll be doing some office work for one of the youth pastors I use to intern for. Easy, non-threatening way to keep a ministry connection and help him out.
- I finally spent the rest of my amazon.com gift money (that was the best present EVER, Kristin) yesterday. I bought N.T. Wright's Surprised by Hope. I've heard some controversy of its contents and I can't wait to dive into it and see what all the fuss is about.
Hope you are all well!

2 comments:
Mars Hill! Woot! (did you hear Don + Jeannette last Sunday?)
N.T. Wright! Woot Woot! (fantastic read, can't wait to hear your thoughts!)
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about being back at Mars... no joke!
I did hear them! They're a good team, for sure. :-)
Words cannot describe how excited I am about Surprised by Hope... by the time it gets here I'll have three out of the four of the books I'm currently going through finished... so that will be good! YAY! (I'm an addict, have you noticed??)
Post a Comment